18 and older
Full Course Name:
Intro to Facilitation - Fundamentals in Becoming a Confident Leader and Effective Facilitator
Are you looking to enhance your leadership skills while infusing your work with more collaboration? No matter if you are leading a brainstorming session, an organization wide retreat or community meeting, facilitating activities (design thinking based and beyond) with your team or community can lead to greater collaboration and capacity as well as productive communication with all participants. This interactive workshop answers “what is facilitation?” and demystifies your role as a facilitator, how to plan and prepare for a facilitated collaborative session, and how to develop your own facilitation style.
This introductory workshop by TYTHEdesign provides an overview of the principles of strong facilitation, guidance for preparing your own design-based facilitation frameworks, and examples of implementation from TYTHEdesign’s diverse work.
In addition to introducing the foundational basics of facilitation, you will also learn TYTHEdesign’s unique participatory model to demonstrate tips and tricks for planning a guided collaborative experience. You’ll identify key tools and strategies to maximize work with the varied stakeholders involved with your current or proposed project, program or organization. Come ready to learn, ask, and engage! What you'll learn
Who this class is for
- The foundation for effective facilitation
- The basics to becoming a strong facilitator
- Methods for planning a facilitation session, including how to anticipate and plan for the needs of the attendees
- Activities that demonstrate how to brainstorm in a participatory design process
- Individuals interested in facilitation, new to the role or looking for a refresher on the basics
- Individuals from all professional or educational backgrounds interested in developing their group management and leadership skills
- Managers looking for tools to activate collaboration within their teams
- Professionals working in community engagement or beginning community engagement projects or programs
- Individuals looking to add creative thinking methodology to their work
Doors open at 6:30 PM, workshop starts at 7:00 PM sharp – If you’re late, you may not be able to join a group when we start. Refunds will not be provided to those who are late and cannot participate.