The objective of AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT 2016/2017 Essentials is to enable students to create a basic 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software. Even at this fundamental level, the AutoCAD software is one of the most sophisticated computer applications that you are likely to encounter. Therefore learning to use it can be challenging.
AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT 2016/2017 Essentials covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD software. The teaching strategy is to start with a few basic tools that enable the student to create and edit a simple drawing, and then continue to develop those tools. More advanced tools are also introduced throughout the training guide included with this course. Not every command or option is covered, because the intent is to show the most essential tools and concepts, such as:
• Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
• Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools.
• Organizing drawing objects on layers.
• Inserting reusable symbols (blocks).
• Preparing a layout to be plotted.
• Adding text, hatching, and dimensions
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology.
- A working knowledge of your operating system.
This course is taught with the AutoCAD 2016 version software. You are also able to attend with 2017 or 2015 version software due to minor variations between the two. All students will receive AutoCAD 2016 course materials.