18 and older
Python is an excellent programming language for data science, due to its rich set of data structures, the maturity of its data-focused libraries, and its ability to execute all aspects of the data science pipeline. This workshop will lay the foundation for data science in Python by exploring its data structures and data manipulation capabilities, as well as giving you a better understanding of the Python environment.
This class is also a recommended preparatory workshop for students planning to enroll in General Assembly's Data Science course.Takeaways:
Prereqs & Preparation
- Ability to use Python for basic data analysis tasks (data cleaning and reformatting, exploration, analysis)
- Understanding of Python’s role as a tool in the backend and analysis toolkits
- Understanding of the possibilities opened up through a better understanding of Python
- Greater preparedness for GA's Data Science course
This workshop is designed for students with basic familiarity with Python, looking to expand their knowledge with a data science focus.
Students should have the ability to use Python for basic data manipulation tasks, an understanding of Python's data structures and control flow, and experience finding public datasets online and getting them into Python.What to bring to class:
- All students must bring their own laptops with Anaconda or another Python-powered platform.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.